Infrared thermal bond bituminous pavement patching is a method of blending new blacktop with infrared heated existing blacktop to create a joint-free integral patch. The machine is capable of heating the existing blacktop to a depth of approximately two inches without oxidation or burning. There is no flame in direct contact with the existing blacktop surface. The unit is also equipped with chambers which are capable of storing up to four tons of fresh bituminous materials at a consistent temperature.
- The time it takes depends on air temperature. The entire process will take from 6 to 15 minutes. The old method, involving sawing, excavating, and repaving, can take days.
- This is a convenient method because the thermal bond patching machine hauls blacktop which it can heat and insulate, work can be done even when blacktop plants are not operating.
- There are no new cold joints that are created. Therefore cracks don’t develop between the old pavement and the repaired area.
- The thermal bond patching method is usually substantially less expensive than the old method.
- Pot hole and alligator crack repair
- Eliminate depressions or water holes (“Bird Baths”)
- Install new speed bumps
- Remove speed bumps
- Blend new asphalt without sawing
- Restore utility service cuts
- Repair paver seams
- Raise areas or repair around manholes and storm drains
- Railroad crossings
- Trip hazzards
Request a Quote or Call (815) 243-5438