Image: BRITTANY HERBERT/MASHABLE
The home smart hub war is currently split into two camps: Google vs. Amazon. That means it's Alexa vs. Google Assistant, Echo vs. Home. Both systems have their pros and cons, but as the tech has evolved, users have had to choose either one or the other.
Now, a third-party speaker system could give indecisive smart home owners another option: Clarity...
GOQii, India's No. 1 health and fitness startup, is now a case study on the famed Harvard Business Publishing platform, a subsidiary of Harvard University that brings out books, magazines and leadership studies for MBA students.
It is only the third Indian startup after Flipkart (India's largest online retailer and Amazon rival) and Paytm (India's...
Image: Vicky Leta/Mashable
Facebook's new "Stories" update is here, and it ruins the best part about the entire social network: Mindlessly plumbing your friends' lives without fear of getting caught.
When you watch a friend's Story — which exists for 24 hours and is comprised of one or more photos or short v...
If it looks silly and appears within 24 hours of April Fools' Day, it's a fair target. Therefore, our latest object of scorn is the hipster-ready augmented reality concept device called the MonoLens.
The device is exactly what it sounds like: A single lens that hangs off your face and delivers all the wonders of augmented reality, without the...
April Fools' Day is the only "fake news" day that's almost welcome. Almost. And one of the longstanding masters of the tech prank, Google, is at it again with a fresh batch of trickery.
This year, the jokes are more obviously fake this time around in what appears to be an effort to avoid anyone actually thinking these products actually exist.
Do the new phones live up to their hype and can they restore confidence in Samsung after the disastrous Galaxy Note 7? Mashable Tech Editor Pete Pachal, Chief Correspondent Lance Ulanoff, and Senior Tech Correspondent Raymond Wong weigh...
Image: lili sams/mashable
Image: lili sams/mashable
Image: lili sams/mashable
There are two ways to log in on websites: try to recall the email address and password you registered with — or simply hit the "Facebook Login" button.
The convenience of the latter underscores the popularity of social authentication options. You'll see Facebook and Google login buttons on popular sites including Netflix, Uber, Spotify, Imgur and...
Image: RAYMOND WONG/MASHABLE
Go ahead and assume that everything you do online is being tracked and sold without your knowledge.
The House voted 215-205 on Tuesday in favor of erasing a rule that would prevent internet service providers from quietly selling off consumer data without notifying those consumers. The rule — enacted last year by the Federal Communications C...
Some things are better left dumb.
Flip flops, for example, sure seem like one of those things. A few straps and a comfortable sole is all you really need to get the most out of the poolside footwear, but that hasn't stopped the high-end flip flop artisans at Hari Mari from teching up the time-tested classic.
And just what magic has the Texas-based...
If a botnet comprised of Ikea smart home devices ever knocks out the internet, at least you'll know it's been done with Swedish efficiency.
On Tuesday, the homewares company announced it would be continuing the trend of connecting inanimate objects to the internet as part of its Ikea Home Smart project.
But must we? Humans don't have the best track...
Image: Eric Risberg/AP/REX/Shutterstock
Uber's self-driving car program has had a rough time of it lately, but the company isn't going to let anything keep it off the road for long.
An autonomous Uber vehicle...
Image: Jeff J Mitchell/Getty Images
- This shape-shifting chair is perfect for tiny apartments
- This week in apps: Mario 'runs' onto Android, Uber for teens and a Google search redesign
- Robots are plotting to make your salads
- This app is absolutely exploding right now and it's all because of Snapchat
- MashTalk: Will the new electronics ban affect your travel plans?
- Can the CIA hack your iPhone? What you need to know about the WikiLeaks dump.
- Instagram will soon censor sensitive content in your feed
- India says no to most of Apple's demands
- This phone decal company is going in hard on Apple's new red iPhone, and we're here for it
- Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch was just tripped up by a horse-sized duck
- Sheryl Sandberg's new book on grief and resilience is available for preorder
- Man who pleaded guilty to terrorism charges tried to hide data in a cufflink
- Devastated Snapchatters talk about the heartbreak of losing a Snapstreak after hundreds of days
- Another day, another Samsung Galaxy S8 leak. But this time, there's colors.
- This one hack lets you post Live Photos on Instagram
- This week in apps: Alexa on your iPhone and yet another Snapchat clone
- Snapchat needs to evolve—or it'll be brutally slaughtered by Facebook.
- WikiLeaks shows us, once again, just how shady it is
- Google's figured out how to store even more selfies on your phone
- Inside the Instagram Algorithm 2017