Here's a rumor that will blow your mind: Google is apparently "in the final stage of negotiations" to acquire HTC's smartphone division.
The rumor comes from the Chinese-language site Commercial Times and suggests that Google will acquire only the mobile arm of HTC, not the entire...
There is no stopping artificial intelligence, but IBM and MIT figure they can speed up its development with a healthy infusion of cash and a brand new research center.
On Thursday, IBM and the Massachusetts Institute for Technology (MIT) announced a new $240 million research center called the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab that's focused, at least in part,...
Image: STAN SCHROEDER/FACEBOOK
Oh, no. First it was the colored statuses — those awful, ugly, often-gradient-based abominations that pop up in your Facebook feed now and then — but we thought at least our Facebook comments are safe.
Well, not any more. It appears that Facebook is testing comments with...
By Team CommerceMashable Shopping2017-09-06 18:52:00 UTC
Staying organized and efficient is hard. And no one knows better than the fine people of Silicon Valley (no, not the show).
It can be hard enough to establish a system of organization and productivity for yourself, but getting on the same page with your digital collaborators can...
Facebook doesn't just want its AI-trained bots to know how humans speak—it wants them to understand our faces, too.
In a newly published paper, the company's AI researchers detail their efforts to train a bot to mimic human facial expressions during a conversation.
The researchers trained the bots using a series of YouTube videos of people having...
By Team CommerceMashable Shopping2017-09-05 18:39:16 UTC
Who said going back to school had to be a bad thing, especially if you have these cutting edge gadgets and goods with you. Back-to-school shopping might be the best perk about fall (other than the pumpkin spice everything coming your way). It's when you get to buy anything...
The Lily drone is one of the biggest failures in Kickstarter history — and now it's making a comeback in perhaps the saddest possible way.
After raising more than $34 million during its initial crowdfunding campaign in 2015, the company was forced to shut down when it couldn't actually finance production of the drone.
Now, the Mota Group (who...
Beats by Dre, Apple's wild-child audio accessory arm, rarely gets the showcase moment at Apple launch events and probably won’t be mentioned on Sept. 12 when Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 8, but they're still getting the innovation love.
On Monday, Beats unveiled its latest Studio noise-cancelling headphones: Beats Studio3 Wireless, which,...
Will people ever learn?
A camera rental company found their cameras and lenses damaged, despite warning users not to point their cameras directly at the sun during the solar eclipse that occurred last month.
Online rental shop LensRentals told renters that solar filters had to be attached to lenses to protect them and camera sensors during the...
The makers of Facetune are back with another photo app: Quickshot, a new camera app that aims to help you take better photos right off the bat.
While the company's other apps, like Facetune and Enlight, are more focused on photo-editing, Quickshot is more about helping with the capture process.
The in-app camera has a handful different shooting...
Image: Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto via Getty Images
It's the digital version of a playpen for an adult who's incapable of setting his own boundaries.
A new report in The New York Times on Fridaytalks about President Trump having no access to a normal web browser on his iPhone. It's a setup designed, according to...
Star Wars fans rejoiced when Lego unveiled its first BB-8 droid-building kit on Force Friday II, but many wondered: Is it really possible to build a scene-stealing sphere from almost 1,106 squares?
Yes, yes it is.
We enlisted the help of mega Star Wars fan and Lego pro Dan Ulanoff (the author's son) to build and document the process of constructing...
Image: Thibault Camus/AP/REX/Shutterstock
Facebook wants you to learn more about your mutual friends.
The social network is experimenting with a new feature called "Things in Common" that highlights details you have in common with your friends' friends.
It's not clear...
President Donald Trump's decision on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is nearing a critical crossroads, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wants his stance — along with most of Silicon Valley's — on the Obama administration policy to be clear.
In a Facebook post published Thursday night, Zuckerberg pledged his support of...
Image: Stan Schroeder/Mashable
Remember how awesome Polaroid was? In a time when getting to see your photos meant waiting days or hours for a studio to develop them, the Polaroid camera showed you the results almost instantly.
Nowadays, the problem is different: There are so many digital photos...
- New Thermostat E is the bargain Nest for everyone
- Brave new world of biofuels: How E10 makes your car go
- Google Wifi has come to Asia, 6 months after its debut in the U.S.
- Ford and Domino's team up for self-driving pizza deliveries
- This Snapchat feature can help you keep tabs on Harvey's devastation
- Show your support for the Rebels with this Star Wars space skirt
- Apple is accepting donations through iTunes to aid Harvey storm relief
- The first look at how you’ll sculpt in augmented reality using Apple Pencil and ARKit is here, and awesome
- Fly across the water with this motorized body board
- Robot performing Japanese funeral rites shows no one's job is safe
- Super-cool game tech will copy your facial expressions in real time
- Is Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 really worth $930?
- Here’s the best evidence that all three new iPhones will have wireless charging
- A smart thermos promises to keep track of what you drink
- Hackers offered $500,000 for WhatsApp and Signal exploits
- How to Make Your Own Fidget Spinner
- Uber makes it easier for drivers to decline rides
- Google launches Chrome Enterprise so businesses can use Chromebooks, too
- Google might take on Amazon with its own version of the Echo Dot
- Get a good night's sleep on a plane with this travel hoodie pillow