Image: Brittany Herbert/Mashable
Image: FACUNDO ARRIZABALAGA/EPA/REX/Shutterstock
Elon Musk, noted artificial intelligence worrywart, backs the tech firm behind a robot brain that was smart enough to take down a Dota 2 pro this week.
The showdown took the form of an exhibition match staged on Friday at The International 2017, an annual esports tournament. OpenAI's Dota 2 bot faced off in a series of 1v1 matches against Danil...
'Halo Sport' is a headset lined with "primers" that send electric currents through your brain with the goal of stimulating the neurons that may help you train and exercise more efficiently. But we're skeptical.
By Team CommerceMashable Shopping2017-08-12 12:00:00 UTC
If you like the idea of having a Samurai sword, but you’re not really ready to take on the cost and responsibility — not to mention the social stigma of becoming that person with the sword — then a pocket knife could be a good compromise. And if Donald Trump is to be believed, you're probably...
Gmail's iPhone app just got a lot more secure.
The app is now able to warn you about potential phishing attacks when you click on a shady link, Google announced Friday.
If you click on a link that Google thinks could be suspicious, you'll see a warning asking if you're "sure you want to proceed."
The app will also warn when clicking on a link Google...
Image: lili sams/mashable
Google is celebrating the history of hip hop with — what else — a seriously cool Google Doodle.
The interactive Doodle commemorates the 44th anniversary of the party where DJ Kool Herc is credited with creating hip hop in 1973.
The Doodle features art from graffiti artist Cey Adams and has interactive turntables that let you mix your own samples...
Image: Shutterstock / fongbeerredhot
At long last, one of the greatest #FirstWorldProblems to plague this tech-savvy generation has been solved and it's all thanks to a song.
As anyone with a fairly new vehicle knows, within seconds of plugging in your phone to charge...
Image: Ambar Del Moral/Mashable
Why go to all the trouble of breaking into an online account when you can just ask for the keys?
While security experts released new password recommendations this summer, legions of hackers long ago realized that...
“This may sound cheesy, but I take a lot of inspiration from Instagram. I follow a lot of chefs on Instagram, so when I’m stuck in traffic, I always check out to see what other chefs are making and figure out how I can do it differently.” As long as Bee has access to his Samsonite Openroad laptop backpack, he’s set. In it he keeps his laptop, k...
To pay or not to pay? For HBO and other companies targeted by cyber criminals, that is increasingly becoming the question.
The network behind Game of Thrones is the latest victim of a massive digital breach, with hackers claiming to have stolen 1.5 terabytes of data that includes unreleased show episodes, scripts, and internal company documents.
Facebook has killed yet another one of its Snapchat clones.
The social network quietly yanked Lifestage, the bizarre Snapchat-like app that was only for high schoolers, from the App Store last week.
The app was launched less than a year ago but, like Facebook's many other attempts at replicating Snapchat, Lifestage never gained much traction with...
On Monday, a somewhat low-resolution photo of a supposed iPhone 8 from a post on China's MyDrivers, via Weibo, showed a casing described by some as copper.
Don't waste your precious time boiling water and dunking a teabag — have a machine brew your tea for you. If convenience is everything, the futuristic T-Square from Gourmia will leave you with a remarkably rich and satisfying cup of tea at the push of a button.
All you have to do is fill the tank with water, add your favorite loose-leaf tea to the...
No matter what line of work you're in, there's a good chance you could use a little (okay, a lot) less email in your life.
Enter Astro, which won't let you ditch email for good (sadly), but it will help make overflowing inboxes more manageable.
The app has just about all the features you'd expect from an email client — priority inbox, customizable s...
- Here's how to deal with harassment on Twitter
- The text of that Google employee's manifesto is just like every other MRA rant
- Amazon Alexa update includes sexy talk for 'baby making' music
- 7 Pro-Level Bitmoji Tips
- Wii U emulating a PC emulating a Wii U is some Inception-level modding
- The perps behind the 'biggest ransomware attack ever' appear to be moving their loot
- Google and Mystery Science teamed up to give schools free eclipse glasses
- Hackers say they stole 1.5 terabytes from HBO. Here's what that means.
- New leaked Google Pixel 2 renders show off a massive screen
- DEF CON's vote-hacking village made us think twice about election security
- Apple iPhone 8 concept shows what a transparent smartphone would really look like
- Warring factions are splitting Bitcoin in 2. Here's what you need to know.
- GBoard now supports YouTube and Google Maps for faster texting
- Vladimir Putin signs law banning VPN access for Russian internet users
- How to use WhatsApp on your computer to message more
- Terminator speaker uses Amazon Alexa to let you talk to your future robot masters
- Every Tesla Model 3 review you need to see to know if this car is the future
- Tesla's Model 3 doesn't come with a key
- Everybody's least favorite rapper will.i.am could ruin your smart home
- One of the world's longest electric car highways will be built in Australia